Parish Council meeting minutes, December 2012
Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 6th December 2012 at 8pm in the Village Hall.
Cllr. S. Denis in the Chair, Cllr. A. Beaney, Cllr. D. Guy, Cllr. P. Sillibourne, Cllr. Mrs T. Cliffe-Harrison, Cllr. Mrs A. Tanton and the Clerk, Mrs M. C. Shaw.
Cllr. Mrs F Burt
Declarations of Interest
Cllr. P. Sillibourne on the item on Kits Bridge Lane.
The minutes of the previous meeting had been circulated, these were proposed as a correct record by Cllr. D. Guy, seconded by Cllr. A. Beaney and unanimously agreed and duly signed by the Chairman, Cllr. S. Denis.
Unauthorised access, bottom of Dimon Hill – nothing further.Overgrown Hedges
– the Chairman had reminded the owners but with no action. The Chairman will contact the owners again.
The Highways safety issues, Ash Hill to Poundhurst
– nothing from K.C.C. Highways to date.
Drain at “Beja”
– this has been repaired
Sewage problems along Bromley Green Road
– No response to the Clerks letter. Cllr. Mrs A. Tanton had contacted Southern Water as the situation had deteriorated and created further problems, especially as Rose Lodge drains were inaccessible for Southern Water to pump out due to locked gates. Cllr. Tanton will contact neighbours to ascertain their individual problems.
– nothing further appears to have been dumped.
– these have been removed.
Drains at Oak Ridge and Ash Hill - no substantial rainfall to test these drains.
- Lord-Lieutenants Civil Service, Maidstone, 12th March 2013
- K.A.L.C. Ashford Area Committee, Meeting Notice, 12th December
- Carers Support courses
- Villages Oil buying scheme
- Draft response by K.A.L.C. on Technical Review of Planning Appeal procedures.
- Draft response by K.A.L.C on Improving Local Government Transparency
- Parish Forum, Chairman’s report
- English Rural Annual Report 2012
- Glasdon U.K.
Treasurers Account £8,428.26Budget 2013/2014
The Clerk had circulated the draft Budget together with the current financial details.This was discussed in depth, with the following:-
- It was agreed that the donation to the Halls be increased to £2,000 as the Village Hall oil tank now requires replacement and bunding. To be apportioned when details received from the Bromley Green Residents Association.
- To allow £ 500 for the maintenance of Carters Field.
- Village Sign repairs £500
- £200 Planning/Legal fees (Flag Pole & Village Sign/ Carters Field)
- It was proposed by Cllr. A. Beaney, seconded by Cllr Mrs A. Tanton to allow £250 towards the Churchyard maintenance, if this is required, and unanimously agreed.
It was proposed by Cllr D. Guy, seconded by Cllr Mrs T. Cliffe-Harrison that the Clerks Salary be increased by £2–70 per week to £2,700 per annum, plus all Administration expenses as from 1st April 2013.
The Precept requirement for 2013/2014 was proposed by Cllr. P. Sillibourne, seconded by Cllr D. Guy to remain at £9,000 and unanimously agreed.
Cheques were approved and drawn:-
Mrs M. Shaw, Clerks Salary 1st October 2012 to 31st December 2012 £512–20
PAYE on above £127–80
Administration expenses £162-77
Specialised Welding (Southern) Limited, Children’s slide refurbishment £1,200 + V.A.T. £240–00 total due £1,440–00.
Mrs T. Cliffe-Harrison, expenses, Carters Field Registration to date £36-35
12/01231/AS Mr Andy Metland, Canal Farm, Hamstreet Road, Ruckinge. Two Storey rear extension (part retrospective). The application was supported.12/01278/AS Mrs Jacqueline Langstead, Ivanhoe, Bromley Green Road, Ruckinge. Single storey rear extension including conversion of existing store into habitable accommodation.The application was supported.12/01294/AS Ms Clare Cutt, Brisley Farmhouse, Brisley Lane, Ruckinge. Two storey rear extension and new side porch. The application was supported.
12/01309/AS Mr Parrett, Land west of Elmhurst, Wey Street, Ruckinge. Small barn for storage and security of horticultural equipment. The application was objected to as the Business plan is not credible in view of the small area being used, and would recommend that a viability study be carried out before any decision is made by Ashford Borough Council.
12/01049/AS Mr Paul Manley, Horton Green, Ruckinge.Conversion of lean-to into habitable accommodation. Single storey side extension and two storey rear extension.
12/01050/AS (Listed Building application) Mr Paul Manley, Horton Green, Ruckinge. Two storey rear extension and internal and external alterations. Conversion of lean-to into habitable accommodation.
Millennium Sign and Flag Pole
Nothing further from Rev’d Whately or the PCC. The Chairman had requested two quotations from Mr R. Stiles, for the repairs to the sign, one for oak and the other for Iroka but had heard nothing further.
Registering the land – the information already located had been sent to the Land Registry, but the deeds are still to be located. Cllr. A. Beaney had found an old deed box, and amongst its contents was a letter stating that the Deeds of Carters Field and the Village Hall are in “Safe Keeping” at Lloyds Bank, Cllr. Mrs T. Cliffe-Harrison is awaiting a response from Lloyds’.Cllr Mrs A. Tanton has the Fields in Trust “Queen Elizabeth 11 Fields Challenge” application form and had duly completed, but is awaiting confirmation of the Parish Councils possession of the Deeds to enable registration with the Land Registry.
The slide has been repaired and repositioned.
Highways & Byways
Kits Bridge Lane
- The response received from K.C.C. had been unsatisfactory, after considerable discussion, the Chairman, Cllr S. Denis proposed that the matter should be dropped, seconded by Cllr A. Beaney and unanimously agreed
The gate onto the A2070 from AE550 has been closed but the suggestion of a chain and padlock was thought not to be the answer as these are so easily cut. The concrete block had been moved to one side to allow access, Cllr. Mrs A. Tanton to contact Mr P. Collick to get this back into its previous location.
Bromley Green Notice Board
This has been erected, thanks to Cllr. Mrs A. Tanton and Notice Board: Cllr. D. Guy and to Cllr P. Sillibourne for the use of his equipment.
Web site/Faster Broadband
As the Parish Magazine Editor has retired, and its future is in doubt, it was suggested that a Village Diary be incorporated into the webs-site and this was agreed.
Any Other Business
Mr R. Godden had forwarded a copy of a courtesy letter from the Camping and Caravan Club informing him that the property opposite wish to become a Certified location.
Date of the Next Meeting
The date of the next meeting was agreed for Thursday, 14th February 2013 at 8 p.m. in the Village Hall.There being no further business the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 10:05p.m.