Parish Council meeting minutes, September 2013
Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 12th September 2013 at 8pm in the Village Hall.
Cllr. S. Denis in the Chair, Cllr. D. Guy, Cllr. A. Beaney, Cllr. P. Sillibourne, Cllr. Mrs F. Burt and the Clerk, Mrs M. C. Shaw.
Declarations of Interest
There were none.
The minutes of the previous meeting had been circulated, these were proposed as a correct record by Cllr. D. Guy seconded by Cllr. Mrs F. Burt and unanimously agreed and duly signed by the Chairman, Cllr. S. Denis.
- Sewage problems along Bromley Green Road – Southern Water are working with the engineer, Alan Farnell. Cllr Mrs J. Martin was also pursuing.
The reference document will be put on the web-site, parishioners are invited to comment.
- Parish Forum notes.
- K.A.L.C. minutes and agendas
- Sovereign Play equipment
- Clerks & Councils Direct
- A.B.C. Chilmington Green Area Action Plan – Formal Adoption.
- K.C.C. Sensible Street Lighting
- APEX Annual Review
- SOMBRE – email as circulated
- ABC Town Centre Action Team
Treasurers Account £7,762.02Cheques drawn between meetings:-
- Land Registry fees £ 40 – 00 (Agreed Notice)
- Land Registry fees £ 40 – 00 (Restriction)
Cheques were approved and drawn:-
- Mrs M. Shaw, Clerks Salary 1st July to 30th September 2013 £675–00 less P.A.Y.E. £135–00 Total due £540-00
- Administration expenses £78-40
- H.M.R.C. P.A.Y.E £135–00
- S. M. Sillibourne, Carters Field Grass mowing £60 + V.A.T £12 total £72
- 13/00857/AS Mr R. Thompson, Woodbury, Bromley Green Road, Ruckinge. Erection of cart shed to replace existing sheds. The application was supported.
- S.O.M.B.R.E. notification of a planning application submitted to Shepway District Council – it was resolved to object, proposed by Cllr A. Beaney and seconded by Cllr. D. Guy.
- 13/00522/AS Mr Neil Phelps, Kia Ora, Bromley Green Road, Ruckinge. An application to replace an extant planning permission on 10/00763/AS for replacement dwelling, demolition of existing temporary accommodation once construction completed
- 3/00703/AS Mr & Mrs C. Small, Hilcroft Cottage, Hamstreet Road, Ruckinge. Proposed erection of equine ménage.
- 13/00615/AS Mr S. Morgan, Woodreeve Farm, Ruckinge. Proposed two storey side and rear extension (amended scheme).
Millennium Sign and Flag Pole
The P.C.C. do not require permission from the Church Faculty, the final decision rests with the Rector. The P.C.C. do not wish to incur any costs, it was resolved that the Parish Council will bear the costs, proposed by Cllr. P. Sillibourne, seconded by Cllr. A. Beaney. The P.C.C. were thanked for their co-operation with this project. Cllrs. D. Guy and P. Sillibourne will assess the situation as there is a Holly Tree in the immediate area. The Chairman will pursue the Millennium sign.County Cllr. M. Angell does have funding available for projects in his Ward.
Carters Field/Fields in Trust
The Land Registry Forms have been completed, after numerous e-mails from the Chairman to the Land Registry to clarify matters.A brick mounting “point” for the plaque would cost in the region of £ 250. Two quotes for a road side perimeter fence have been received, it was agreed that a third one is required, details to circulate to councillors via email. It was resolved that the Parish Council will allocate £1,000 towards these projects.
Bromley Green Hall
There is to be a meeting of the Residents Association on 2nd October to discuss the future of the Hall. The Parish Council Chairman will attend.
Highways & Byways
Pot-holes are being infilled slowly. Others have been reported. Winter closures of Byways are to be pursued by the County Councillor.
There had been 102 “hits” during the last two months. It was agreed to include the S.O.M.B.R.E. items on the site.
Village Hall Deeds
Apologies were received from Cllr. W. Howard. Cllr. Mrs J. Martin reported on various topics including the “Marsh Millions” which are grants available to small businesses and that the Ashford Borough Council are to create a policy for Solar Panel applications.
Items of Interest etc.
There is a solar farm screening survey in Hamstreet.
Date of the Next Meeting
The next meeting of the Parish Council was agreed for Thursday, 10th October 2013 at 8 p.m in the Village Hall.There being no further business the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9:30p.m.