Parish Council meeting minutes, November 2018
Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 8th November 2018 at 8 p.m. in Bromley Green Hall.
Cllr. S. Denis in the Chair, Cllrs. D. Guy, A. Beaney, P. Sillibourne, J. Reid, and the Clerk, Mrs. M. Shaw..
Cllrs. Mrs. F. Burt and Mrs. T. Cliffe-Harrison
Borough Councillor, Miss J. Martin.
The minutes of the previous meeting had been circulated and were agreed as correct.
Sewage problems, Bromley Green Road - Cllr. Martin gave an update of the meeting held at Bromley Green Hall on 22nd October. An information leaflet will be circulated to residents. Plans are needed for the location of the laterals.
- Leaders Bulletins – as circulated.
- Clerks and Councils Direct
- ABC “The Battles Over “– A Nations Tribute
- HAGS 2018 brochure
- A.B.C Village Envelope survey notification – as circulated.
- A.B.C Mayors Hobby Horse Race night – as circulated.
- K.C.C. Winter Sevice Information – as circulated.
- K.C.C. Fault reporting video – as circulated.
Treasurers Account as at 31st October 2018 £ 19,662 – 70
Cheque was drawn:-
- S. M. Sillibourne, Mowing Carters Field £ 101 - 26
- Draft budget 2019/2020 – thishad been circulated. This was dicussed It was agreed that councillors give further consideration for the final precept request decision at the next meeting.
- Cllr. A. Beaney suggested allowing £ 5,000 for Village Gateways, subject to further investigation . Allowance of £ 1,000 to be made for a barrier for Carters Field car park.
Ashford Local Plan
Submission comments as sent by the Chairman – these had been circulated for councillors prior approval. It was anticipated that the Inspectors report will be completed by the end of the year.
18/1567/AS Rose Lodge, Bromley Green Road, Ruckinge. Proposed replacement porch. The application was supported.
18/00176/HG Hedgerow, land north east of Horton Green, Ash Hill and Hedgerow, north west of Ransley Green, Hamstreet Road, Ruckinge,
- Fields amalgamated - fences removed two years ago.
- Plan 1 70 yards of hedgerow obstructing field operations.
- Plan 2 45 yards trees in middle of field.
- Total of 115 yards of hedgerow to be removed.
Nothing further on Cherrytree Padock enforcement.
Fairview Industrial Estate
Fencing, etc. – leave for the time being. The tree which was in the ditch has been removed.
Chain and Gate vandalism – Cllr. Guy had met wilth P.C.S.O. Aaron Newlel, who will pay regular visits to the area.
Picnic Benches – leave until the next meeting.
Dog Training - suggested that they give a donation for the usage.
Supermarket” funding – nothing further.
Play area mowing – the Residents Association will mow this area.
Bromley Green Hall
The Chairman had been given a key to the hall by Mr. Mark Nash.
Car park- nothing further on the road planeings.
Highways & Byways
OAE550 – the damage to the gate had been reported to K.C.C. PROW Officer
Overgrown hedges – nothing further
Drains and gullies – several of these have been marked for repair. It was reported that there is a water leak outside Lily House.
Mirror, Bromley Green Road/Hornash Lane crossroads – nothing further.
Village “Gateways” – Cllr. Beaney is investigating.
Nothing to report.
Cllr. Miss J. Martin had already reported on matters pertaining to Ruckinge (sewage problems).
Items of interest
The Chairman will represent Ruckinge at Warehorne Church on Remembrance Sunday and lay a wreath during the ceremony, which will subsequently be laid at the Memorial in Ruckinge Church. .
Date of the Next Meeting
This was agreed for Thursday, 13th December 2018 at 8 p.m. in Ruckinge Village Hall
There being no further business the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9.45 p.m.