Parish Council meeting minutes, June 2020
RUCKINGE PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD AS A VIDEO-LINKED MEETING DUE TO ALTERNATIVE LOCKDOWN MEASURES DUE TO THE CORONA VIRUS ON THURSDAY 11TH JUNE 2020 COMMENCING AT 6.00 PM
PRESENT:Cllr P Sillibourne (Chair), Cllr J Reid (Vice Chair), Cllr A Beaney, Cllr M Pepper,
Cllr A Rylands & Cllr D Archer
PARISH CLERK: Ms C Laming
BOROUGH COUNCILLORS: Cllr Linda Harman COUNTY COUNCILLOR: Cllr Mike Angell MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC: There were no members of the public attending.
2. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENSE Cllr T Cliffe-Harrison
3. APPROVAL OF REASONS FOR APOLOGY FOR ABSENCE Proposed Cllr A Beaney Seconded Cllr A Rylands
4. DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY AND SIGNIFICANT INTEREST Declarations of Pecuniary Interest There were no Declarations of Pecuniary Interest. Declarations of Significant Interest. There were no Declarations of Significant Interest. Updating of Declarations of Interest for the Code of Conduct Councillors are reminded that they should update their Declarations of Interest with the Monitoring Officer if necessary. Councillors are also reminded of their common-law responsibilities with regard to pre-determination and fettering of discretion in relation to agenda items.
5. ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 14th May 2020 were accepted and it was unanimously agreed that Cllr P Sillibourne should sign them.
Proposed Cllr M Pepper Seconded Cllr A Rylands
6. PUBLIC INTERVAL There was no Public Interval.
7. PLANNING Discussion and Decision on action to be taken on any other matters related to Planning issues within the Parish Please see attached list for decisions on current applications. All three applications were discussed at length and our we will submit our responses on the ABC Planning Application website.
8. CORRESPONDENCE, FINANCE AND OTHER COUNCIL BUSINESS
EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE MEETING All emails are forwarded to all Councillors There were no e-mails brought forward to the attention of the Meeting.
Account Balance & Payment of Accounts
The May bank statement was e-mailed over to the Councillors.
The following accounts were signed off for payment: Clerk’s Salary - £300.00 Clerk’s Expenses - £23.30 Donation to Bromley Green Hall - £1500 Donation to Ruckinge Village Hall - £1500
Proposed Cllr A Beaney Seconded Cllr M Pepper
Internet Banking: Nothing to Report
Parking – Oakridge: Nothing to report. Borough Cllr Linda Harman & Cllr D Archer to arrange to meet.
The Old Church Hall: Nothing new to report. It has been updated that Aaron Newell is the PSCO for Ruckinge and we should contact him in the event of another disturbance.
Defibrillator: Cllr J Reid has spoken to Mr Moon who lives on Bromley Green Road. He has agreed to power the new defibrillator. The Clerk to speak to Cllr T Cliffe-Harrison
9. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT Cllr P Sillibourne has had phone calls and photos sent about fly tipping on Ash Hill. It has been reported and has now been cleared. It has also been reported that there are no footpaths being marked through the corn fields. Local residents have complained. There is not one footpath marked south of Ruckinge Canal. Cllr P Sillibourne has tried to contact the KKC Website and the number is not recognised so has been unable to report it. Cllr Mike Angell will report it. Cllr P Sillibourne has sprayed around the village halls.
10. WEBSITE The Clerk has spoken to Stephen Denis who is currently building a fully compliant Parish Website to the new latest WCAG 2.1 and GDPR guidelines ready for September. He will be back in contact to demonstrate the new website.
11. RUCKINGE VILLAGE HALL AND BROMLEY GREEN HALL Nothing to Report as both Halls have been closed. It was agreed that a donation of £1500 each from Ruckinge Parish Council for both Halls.
12. BOROUGH COUNCILLORS REPORT Cllr Linda Harman has raised a concern with regards to Capel Gardens as part of the site is supposed to only operate as a holiday let and it has not been shut down over the Covid19 Pandemic, Head of planning are looking into it. The Council are still operating online.
13. ITEMS FOR INCLUSION ON THE NEXT AGENDA Ruckinge Parish Website
14. HIGHWAYS/PUBLIC RIGHT OF WAY
Half of the B2067 is blocked by a landslide at the top of Cotton Hill. Traffic lights have been there for weeks, frequently at red on both sides. The KCC will not repair because the landslide is from private property. (We had a similar situation on the opposite side of the road for months about two years ago).
15. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT Boats that come across The Channel, those that are under 18 have to be taken into care. There are 494 currently in care and we’ve asked the Home Office for some money. There was an arrangement if the County got to full capacity, which it is now, that they will need to go to different parts of the country. It has now been allowed so we can now deal and work with other County Councils. The number of missing children has dropped enormously. It has reported that 28% of the 527 care homes in Kent had problems with Covid19. It was also reported that 115 people were setting up a system in relation to adult social care in connection with Medway.
16. FORUM FOR EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION BETWEEN COUNCILLORS
DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Thursday 9th July 2020 6pm on Zoom
There being no other business the meeting closed at 7.11pm.
Signed: Chairman Dated:
RUCKINGE PARISH COUNCIL
RECORD OF PLANNING APPLICATIONS
20/00612/AS Fairfield, Bromley Green Road, Ruckinge, Ashford, Kent, TN26 2EG.Single storey rear extension, Juliet Balcony to the master bedroom and existing external cladding to be replaced with cedral weather boarding. SUPPORT
Decision Notices & Updates received from ABC
20/00322/AS Noakes Farm, Ash Hill, Ruckinge, Ashford, Kent, TN26 2PE. Demolition of barns and erection of 5no. dwellings and new agricultural barn, with associated landscaping and parking PERMIT
20/00521/AS Fairview Industrial Park, Hamstreet Road, Ruckinge, Ashford, Kent, TN26 2PL. Erection of industrial/storage building for 8 units; Creation of open storage areas; Boundary enclosures, hard and soft landscaping areas (Part Retrospective - as hard surfacing, drainage, parking, delivery and turning areas have already been provided) Pending
20/00529/AS Littlehaven, Bromley Green Road, Ruckinge, Ashford, Kent, TN26 2EQ. Erection of side and rear extensions with side dormer and rooflights PERMIT